Re: recording cd fails

On Saturday 09 October 2004 15:36, john bray wrote:
> when i record audio cd's k3b/cdrecord appears to hang about 500-600
> mb in.  with similar results to yours.  i thought it might be a
> buffer starve condition interacting with the failsafe record mode
> in the drive.

Since K3B actually uses cdrecord to do the recording, I'm convinced
it's a problem with cdrecord.

What do you get when you type the command:
$ cdrecord --version

Let's match versions... and then let's post a bugzilla report.  I
searched bugzilla and didn't find any matching bug reports.

Here's what I get:
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD
support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the
original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.

> i'd sure like to join the group to discuss this and perhaps find a
> fix.

E-mail me off-list if you don't know how to subscribe to the list.

> john bray - kb6ql@xxxxxxxx  kb6ql on 15m.  flower mound, TEXAS, usa

Flower Mound?  Pretty cool.  I'm in D/FW as well!

--
Gabriel M. Beddingfield
gabriel@xxxxxxxxxx

**** NEED A SMART, PROBLEM-SOLVING BSME? ****