Re: basic installation problem

> No, that way burns data file cd's. To burn a iso
> image in gnome, right-click
> the iso image and choose write cd from the pop-up
> menu.

See, that's part of the problem: I was right-clicking
on the iso icon, but there was no "write CD" option in
the pop-up menu.

At any rate, I used a combination of the tactics
Robert and Pybe gave me and this time there were
actual files rather than just the iso image all over
again. So, thanks guys. And thanks to everyone else
who volunteered info and help. I'm very grateful and
mightily relieved.

=====
--joshua m. neff

www.goblin-cartoons.com