Re: Dovecot Issue Clarified

Robert Trembath wrote:

Here’s the skinny,

Put the server up about a week ago, everyone can authenticate and pickup mail. IMAP and POP3 are configured. I have set these up before and had no issues. New mail is arriving and I can use webmin to examine user mailboxes. On some mailboxes, say 10 of the 70 I setup, the user cannot download new mail via pop3 using Outlook 2003, even though there are hundreds of messages. If I use Mozilla, there is no issue. Outlook does not even return an error message. It just acts as if there is no new mail.

Does anyone know how to correct this as I am trying to make some shifts in this company from MS to Fedora and if I don’t get this fixed quickly, their first impression won’t be a good one like I would like it to be. I run a RH 9 server in this exact setup without issue for 2 years, but the FC2 release is the first time I’ve seen this.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Are they using POP3 or IMAP?  Do you have any kind of virtual domain name scheme? (Do they log in with username#domain.com or username#domain.com, or is it simply just "username" ?)  Check to make sure Outlook 2K3 has all of the latest updates on it as well (someone said it was an Outlook bug, but I'm not completely convinced).  I have some clients that use Outlook 2K3 and they don't seem to have any trouble downloading mail.  If you could set me up a test account, I'd be happy to test it out and see if I can track anything down.

-Phillip