Re: how to run window .exe files in FC1!

On Saturday 2004-10-09 05:47, louis wang wrote:
> root
> The file System is different between Linux and Windows.The *.exe file
> could not be excute unless you have the dll or other files which is
> used under Windows, So maybe you could  not use these exe files under
> Linux.However there are some exe files individual, so you could use
> wine to mimic an enviroment to use them.

I understand the nonexecutability of WinDblOwS .exe's on Linux, but
I have a related question: some folks distribute (e.g. on the WWW),
downloadable "stuff" which is theoretically NOT an WinDblOwS executable,
but instead some kind of compressed archive, which nevertheless has an
.exe extension, which I presume means that it is a self-extracting
archive IFF you have WinDblOwS to execute it on... and the question is:
is there any way to retrieve the contents running Linux, i.e. is there a
Linux program that knows how to extract the archive's contents,
ignoring the self-extracting wrapper?

--
Copyright 2004 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserved without prejudice;
UCC1-207. All information and transactions are non negotiable and are