Re: OT: spammers are using my domain again

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 04:18, Phillip T. George wrote:
> Most likely your ISP is blocking outgoing (& incoming) port 25...SMTP.
> Its a common and wise trend with ISPs.  They force you to use their
> SMTP.  They don't want to get on spam lists is the reason why.  Its a
> great idea.  You might contact your hosting service @haligonian.com and
> see if they have an alternative SMTP port that you can use.  I
> personally let my clients use port 2025, though 2525 is also a popular
> choice.

The "proper" solution to this is really to use SMTP submission on port
587. This should use SMTP AUTH and should work from anywhere if your
hosting service provides it. It's not open to relay because of the SMTP
AUTH requirement and hence nobody should be blocking port 587.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>