Re: Newbie question

Livhu Tshisikule wrote:
Paul,

Sorry I made the changes to grub.conf but nothing happens. I think I am using lilo

I made some changes to lilo.conf but nothing happens:
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
lba32

image=/boot/fc2-vmlinuz
        label=Fedora
        initrd=/boot/fc2-initrd.img
        append="ramdisk_size=8192 text"

Thanks
LT

LILO, unlike grub, needs to be installed properly after configuration file changes. You appear to have replaced your existing boot entry with the Fedora one; I'd suggest leaving the existing entry there (with the Fedora entry as an addition) until after you've installed Fedora successfully. When you've got both entries in your lilo.conf file, run "lilo -v -v" (I think - it's been a while since I used LILO) to set up lilo. You should then be able to enter "Fedora" at the LILO prompt to boot into the installer.

Paul.