Configuring Wireless card

I have just installed Fedora Core 2 and am trying to get my Intel
PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection mini PCI card configured.  I found a
site with the driver here: http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/ and followed the
instructions.  I built the driver external to the kernel and then proceeded
to Loading the Firmware.  The instructions say to, "place all of these files
into the hotplug firmware directory
(typically /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/)."  I don't have this directory on my
system.  I searched the file system for a hotplug directory which included a
firmware directory but could not find one.  I created this directory, placed
the firmware in it and continued with the instructions.  When I try to start
the card I am told the device does not seem to be present.  As far as I can
tell, this is the only part of the install that went wrong.  Does anyone
where I should place the firmware or any ideas where I could have erred.
Real newbie so I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Tony