RE: Fedora, Apache & PHP

Look at this package. http://www.apachefriends.org/en/   check out
XAMPP

Its will provide a complete set of programs that have been tested
together.

Perfect for a newbie.

WARNING: check to see what versions you may need - depending on
what your final host is configured for.

This may dictate the package versions for PHP, mysql and apache.

We have settled on PHP 4.3.5, mysql 3.23.56, apache 1.3.27

If you want the compile commands we used email me off-list and
I'll email them to you.

We used these versions because our online server uses them and we
wanted to keep our development server at or close to the same
revision level and with the same function sets.

Hope this helps,

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems
1510 North Gate Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

http://www.integratedsolutions.org

Phone: 719-495-5866
Fax:   719-495-5870

Supplier of AMD, Intel and SPARC Servers and Systems running
Windows, Linux, Solaris and VxWorks.