Re: GPG key problem

Viv Kum wrote:
Hi All,
I installed Fedora core 2 and having some problems. First whenever I try to run up2date it gives me GPG key error (Somethink like Redhat hat public key is not in GPG key ring.. I don't remember the right message) and when I use only up2date then it ask me if I want to install GPG key and if I say yes then it takes very long time to and seems like its hung so I canncel the job.
I need to install few packages(like php-imap and perl-Digest etc.) but up2date is not working and using rpm -i command it ask for few dependencies and I don't know where can i find the dependencies.
Please help..

On the first FC2 install CD you'll find a bunch of files with names starting RPM-GPG-KEY. You could also find these files on most FC2 mirror sites, such as http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/2/i386/os/

For each of those files, run the following command as root:

rpm --import file

That should install the GPG keys for you.

Paul.