Problem installing Fedora Core 2 in ASRock motherboard

Hi there!
I have a friend with a pc similar to mine except for the motherboard. I have an ASUS and he has a ASRock K7S8XE.
I installed Fedora Core 2 DVD version with no problems but my friends installation freezes in the beginning when running /sbin/loader. Since the motherboard is the mais diference I think there's the problem.
He had problems installing Mandrake also but starting setup as 'linux noapic' he get on going. When he saw my Fedora he wanted it. But even whith 'linux noapic' getting to /sbin/loader freezes the pc.

Details:
AMD processor, WindowsXP dual boot.

Thanks in advance!

Paulo Pereira