Re: Audio (Vortex 2)

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 21:38 -0400, Greg Lobring wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:22:28 -0400, cube <cube@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Right click on the page and see if you have flashplayer 7 installed.
> > If you have version smaller than 7 it might work or it might not depending
> > on what functions they have use to code the swf.
>
> Yes, it is version 7.
>
> Right after the initial install of FC2, the sound on this web page
> worked fine. I've tried it in both mozilla and firefox. I certainly
> haven't changed (to my knowledge) anything except all the updates that
> the Red Hat Network Alert Icon tells me to.
>
> Forgetting about the web page for a moment, why wouldn't the "Play
> test sound" button do anything on the Soundcard Detection tool? But
> right after I put a CD in and it sounds great?

	CD sound is separate from other sound.  It is actually piped from the
CD player directly to the motherboard of your pc and the CPU does
nothing but control the mixer so that the volume can be adjusted.

Try re-running the soundcard detection and also run the mixer app,
ensuring that all sliders are at the max

HTH

Scott