Re: mandrake question

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 08:09 pm, kress wrote:
> Dear members,
> Iam using mandrake9 and fedora core1 on the same PC,
> I can mount my partition in the /etc/fstab to use the
> encoding utf8 in fedora by this line
>
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/vfat_c vfat
> defaults,umask=0000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
>
> but it doesn't work on mandrake9.
>
> Can any one help me to set my mandrake9 to read my
> partition using the utf8
> even if it will be by using the mount command and not
> the  /etc/fstab
>
> thanks alot,
> love from,
> askress2009

askress:
As an ex-Mandraker, I think that you might do better to post your question to
one of their mailing lists or on their forum. The mailing list subscription
details are here:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/flists.php3

If you don't want to go through the subscribe, post, wait, repost, wait, get
an answer, unsubscribe bit, you can search their list archives at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-expert&r=1&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-newbie&r=1&w=2

You could also try here:
http://forum.mandrakeclub.com/
(Some of the stuff there is available to non-club members.)

FWIW, Mandrake 9.0 is 2 years old -- there have been three versions since
then, and the release of 10.1 is scheduled for next month, which leads me to
wonder about the status of utf8 support in 9.0.

-- cmg