FC2 64 Extremely Slow

I installed Fedora Core 2 x86_64 (on DVD) on my system (spec's below),
and the response time is very poor: up to 2min to log in, 30sec to
1min to start up any app (including mozilla, terminal, etc.), and up
to 5min to shut down (pausing for several minutes on the desktop, with
nothing happening).  The GUI is fairly responsive, as in button
highlighing and such, it just seems to be opening programs, opening
website (maybe just an IPv6 problem), and starting up/shutting down.

At first I tried to use KDE, but thinking I messed something up, I
reinstalled (formatted all the linux partitions), and just went with
the defaults (GNOME), but this gave me the exact same problems.

I haven't been able to find anything online about this, except
suggestions on turning acpi off, but that didn't not change anything.
Everything says it loads fine while booting up (although slowly),
except smard.

It is a triple boot system [WinXP (30G partition), Win64 (30G), FC2
(100M boot ext3, 30G root ext3, 2G swap) and the rest is a vfat
partition].  Both windows run quickly and without problems.

My next plan is to try FC2 x86, but I would like to take advantage
of 64bit. I would really like to use FC2, but it really isn't usable in this
state. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon64 3200+
1G RMA
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
Seagate 200G SATA (connected to VIA controller on mobo)
ATI (Sapphire) Radeon 9800 Pro 128

Cheers,
David

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.