Re: question on broken links

Anthony J Placilla wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:18, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a way to fix broken links. When you to an ls it shows them in Red background with white letters. I just installed a program, and it didn't work. It said a file was missing, but I found the file, but it was a link that was pointing to a non-existing file. I redid the link to the file that was there with the newer number, and it them worked find. I've also seen other broken links, but rather than trying to find them one by one.

Thanks.

man symlinks

something like:

symlinks -d -r /

will do what you want

Not quite; it will delete the broken symlinks rather than fixing them to point to the right file. The big question is of course, what should the right file be?

Paul.