Re: OT - "HTML attachment was scrubbed"

On 10/4/2004 7:31 PM Lew Bloch wrote:

From: William Anderson

This could be anti virus or spam software removing the HTML before
delivering the message to you.

I get the digest, so I only receive text mode from this list anyway, never HTML. The "scrubbing" has to have already happened going into the list, true?

The Mailman software (which this list uses -- http://mailman.sourceforge.net) "scrubs" attachments in the archives and possibly the digests. This just means that it moves the attachments to a location on the server and inserts a link to the attachment instead. In previous versions it included the entire base64 encoded attachment, which was a mess. If there is no text section in a message, the HTML section will be treated like an attachment. Or maybe it always will, I'm not certain.