Re: Help on native language display

Cao,

Bao Cao wrote:
Dear All,

   I just started to enjoy FC2, my only problem is
that I can't view any website with Chinese characters.
They all are just squares with 4 numeric digits on
those squares. Could anybody please show me how to
deal with it? Thanks!

What webbrowser do you use? Mozilla? If so, could you change
Character encoding via

   View->Character Encoding->Chinese Tradiational (Big-5)

Does this look better now?

Did you install more languages than english with FC2? If
so, what is the output of

  echo $LC_ALL

and

  echo $LANG

Every now and then I need to start sylpheed to read and write
mails in japanese, and for this to work I run the following
script on a "german" FC2 installation:

apprich@kidd apprich $ cat ~/bin/sylpheed
#!/bin/sh
export LC_ALL=ja_JP
export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2'
kinput2 -canna &
/usr/bin/sylpheed

I know you can't use canna because it's for japanese but maybe
it gives you an idea where to start. Maybe you just need to modify
$LANG and $LC_ALL...

Hth a lil.

Best, Cao

Alex