Re: upgrading from FC1 to FC2 with yum!

William Anderson wrote:

If you can mount the CD-ROM from a Windows box, if you have the disk
space, copy all of the RPMs into one directory and mount that. You
should end up with all of the RPMs in the Fedora/RPMS directory.

I have done this in the past using a NFS mount from another Linux box on
the network. This eases and speeds the installation of Linux onto many
computers over a network (no swapping CDROMS).

This is the way that the DVD install disk is laid out.

Hopefully this helps

William

I have all the RPMS copied to Fedora/RPMS on my XP box and I can mount to it.
However, I have no idea what file to run to begin the upgrade.
Does anyone know how to begin an install from this way?

Thanks.

=G