Re: New To Linux

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 17:57, smiley wrote:

PLEASE do not post HTML to the list.  Turn it off so we do not have to
look at 300+ lines of html junk for 10 lines of scrambled content.
Look at the end to see some of what I mean.

> Hi all I am new to Linux and am hoping that somebody can help me with
> what may be a silly question
>
> I have installed fedora core 2 on an old Pentium P3 pc with 3 hard
> drives and 1 DVD-ROM drive and have got it setup fine except that I
> cannot get into my second and third HDDâs I can see them in hardware
> monitor and they are showing as free space but I just cannot do
> anything with them â what I want to do is use them for storage of
> files to share on a samba server setup i.e. hda Linux hdb and hdc
> storage space

You probably did not partition/format the drives.
Create the partitions, format them, mount them somewhere appropriate,
Then set up samba to share them.

> Hope this all makes sense if not I will try to give more detail if
> somebody responds
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Karl Filby

MS"><sp=
an
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:blue'>I have
installed fedora core 2 on an old Pentium P3 pc with 3 hard drives and 1
DVD-ROM drive and have got it setup fine except that I cannot get into
my
second and third HDD&#8217;s I can see them in hardware monitor and they
ar=
showing as free space but I just cannot do anything with them &#8211;
what =
I want
to do is use them for storage of files to share on a samba server setup
i.e=
. hda

MS"><sp=
an
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:blue'>Hope
this=
 all
makes sense if not I will try to give more detail if somebody responds
<o:p=