Re: upgrading from FC1 to FC2 with yum!

Mike Burger wrote:

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, W. Guy Thomas wrote:

It's looking good so far. I upgraded yum itself first, then did a yum clean all, then moved modules.conf to modules.anacbak (not sure why I had to do this but it was recommended), then a yum upgrade...

It has taken about 3 hours and it appears it grabbed everything including the 2.6 kernel.
Running test transaction now.

Keep your fingers crossed. If I'm lucky ALSA might even work this time so I don't have to OSS again and shell out 20 bucks just for sound.

This is a great mailer guys. Thanks for all your helpl.

FWIW, you don't have to pay again for OSS. When I upgraded from RHL9 to FC2, I had to rerun the install/config, but it worked just fine.

Well, the interesting thing is. I blew up my original FC1 last night during the attempted upgrade, not sure what happened, but the system was hosed and would only start to boot, then just die.
So I had to do a fresh FC1 install since I can only use FC1 because of the regular floppy boot disks.
then start the upgrade process.
so it's on a fresh hard drive with bare/basic FC1. OSS isn't even installed yet.

downloading all the packages (second attempt) now.

poor little laptop...lol...

but with fluxbox on it it really is a nice little ride.

will update soon, should be getting to testing consistencies in a little while...

=G