Starting Samba on Fedora 2

I have Fedora 2 Installed on 2 different machines.  I can't find a way of
starting samba except by opening System Setting/Server Settings/Samba,  then
clicking Preferences/Server Settings, and clicking OK - smbd and nmbd are
then seen to be running.  Entering "smbd" either as user or root (which I've
used  in the past)  results in  "command not found" .

Advice, please - I'd also like to start Samba at Boot.

Regards

Paul D