Re: Surveillance

Decent dv camcorders have ir modes (generally refered to as night mode or nightshot) that can record relativly high-quality video at very low light levels... They will typically also be able to accept external microphone's through a minijack and you can capture from them continously using their audio/video-output to something like a bt848/878 capture card or through a firewire connection. you can of course use the camera freehand as well whihc will make it more flexible... it's doesn't have to be terribly high-end such a camera can be had for < $500...

joelja