Re: Selecting boot drive from BIOS

Steve wrote:
Here's a strange question, that I wonder if anyone has tried...

I have 2 physical drives. Currently XP is on the master. Can I set my
BIOS to boot from the slave before the master, where I would have
Fedora installed? This would negate any need to configure GRUB (ie.
would not need to put it on the master's MBR). Then, if I needed to
boot into XP, just reboot and modify the BIOS...

An alternative approach would be to install grub on the slave and chain-load grub from the XP bootloader (you'd get a menu with XP and Linux on it). No need to fiddle with the BIOS and the XP bootloader stays on the MBR. One way of doing this is by using "bootpart" - see http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm

Paul.