Re: error

Ian Tobin writes:

I got it from the guys who make our control panel software.

Ok I think I will go back in time and use RH9 again.

This is absolutely unnecessary.

Had you bothered to read the INSTALL file in the tarball, you would've discovered that it takes exactly one command to build binary RPMs directly from the source tarball.