Re: Install Older Kernel

Yang Xiao wrote:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:13:43 -0400, Yang Xiao <yxiao2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:09:02 -0500 (CDT), Satish Balay <balay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Yang Xiao wrote:

Hi all,
I haven't tried this, can I force install an older version kernel rpm?
I tried to install using rpm -ivh and it wouldn't let me saying a
newer version is installed already. I need to install the 2.6.7 kernel
so in case the 2.6.8 craps out, I can fall back to it. I know I can do
this if I uninstall 2.6.8, but it's a pain.
Many thanks,

use:

rpm -ivh --oldpackage kernel-XX.rpm

Satish