From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scot L. Harris
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 4:47 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: RE: iso files

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 16:32, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> OK I burned another and browse the CD and now see 10 files and 1
> folder named SRPMS. I put the CD on the computer I want to load and it

> hangs with this message.
>
> Invalid BOOT diskette.
> Insert BOOT diskette in A:
>
> Of course drive A is empty...... Help

Two things may be happening.

First do you have the cdrom selected as a boot device?  You have to set
that in your machines setup options.  Normally hitting the delete key
during boot up or F8 will get you into the setup screens where you can
select the cdrom as a boot device.

The other thing that I think is really the issue is that you have
downloaded and burned the iso for the source CDs.  Hence the SRPMS
folder you see on the disk.  Check the mirror where you got the iso's
from and you should see there are 8 listed.  4 of them is the
installable distribution and the others are the sources for everything.

You will need to download the correct iso and burn it.  Then you should
be able to boot and install FC.

The good news is that you burned the ISO correctly.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

The more data I punch in this card, the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost.
		-- S. Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"