Re: character encoding: Windows XP vs Linux

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Jean Morissette wrote:

> Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

> > Perhaps an example of what you are seeing and how you are seeing
> > it....
>
> Here is a example: A file named originally "Résumé synthèse.doc" on
> WinXP machine appear "R sum  synth se.doc" on Linux.
>
> I was thinking that Linux and Windows are configured by default to use
> UTF-8... maybe I'm wrong?

FC2 is UTF-8 by default.  Windows is not.  For saving Word documents, you
can select Tools -> Options -> General -> Web Options, and select the
encoding there.  Not sure how to handle the names.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu