Re: Fedora Core 2 on Compaq (HP) Proliant DL360 G2

Joel Moxey wrote:

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm still not really sure of what I should be doing.... Should I remove the
controller (apparently it'll work without it!!!), and then try the install
again?

Yes. On a DL360 (not G2) it is a card approximately 1.25 by 2.25 that mounts in an angled socket like a memory dimm on the board behind the floppy/cd drive bay. With the system unplugged open the case, remove the card, close the case, and apply power and try the install again. Be sure to observe static precautions when doing so, and to place the card in an anti-static bag so it and the system remain usable in the future.

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021