Re: Anyone Here running on x86-64 Hardware Yet

We have clustered dual opterons as welll as some single and dual cpu desktop/workstation machines... we like them. We don't as yeah have any running oracle although we do have 4-way xeon mp's doing that.

Opterons do have excellent scaling properties for most of our applications. For some things sparcs, and particulary ultrasparc IV will benchmark better due to their giant l2 cache (16MB)

With 8 way opterons starting to peek into the market and dual core opteron cpu's sometime in 05 the future looks pretty intereesting as well...

joelja