GRUB installed despite selecting "do not install bootloader"

I looked in the FAQ and elsewhere and found nothing on this. (Is this
the first time this has happened?)

I just installed Fedora 2 on my dual-boot WinXP system and selected for
GRUB _not_ to be installed, since I use Partition Commander, but when I
booted Linux (from the Partition Commander start-up screen) I got a GRUB
prompt.

Three questions:

1) How do I get rid of/disable GRUB so that Partition Commander can boot
directly into Fedora and not GRUB?

I have Explore2fs on the WinXP side, so I can access all parts of the
Linux partition on my system. (Boy, that application makes a joke of
security, doesn't it?) I've never actually used Explore2fs to write to
or delete stuff from the Linux partition, because I know how dangerous
that is, but since I'm looking at having to re-install the whole thing
anyway, what the hell.

Under /boot there are two folders, big as life - grub and lost+found.
The grub folder only contains one file - splash.xpm.gz.

2) If I can't get rid of GRUB, how can I modify Partition Commander to
ignore it?

Currently, Partition Commander is booting to:

product: mbr_grub.dat
drive: mbr
primary 102MB
GNU GRUB version 0.94

I'm not sure how I would redirect GRUB, but the other Linux partitions
which are visible are a 10GB logical partition and a smaller logical one
which I assume is the swap partition.

3) If neither of the above is possible, how do I boot to Fedora from
GRUB? I looked at the help function and read the relevant parts of TFM
online, but frankly it's above my head, unfortunately. :(

Thanks in advance,

--
Marc Adler
Honolulu, Hawai'i