Re: thunderbird 0.6 only ?

Philippe wrote:

Hi,

I would like to try thundebird, just in case it feets better my need
than Evolution, but the only rpm I can find on the official repository
is thunderbird-0.6, and no 0.8 !

Is it because they need time to test it, or because this is not in the
Fedora package favorites ? Compared to Firefox, the rpm is not so old
(0.93 instead of 1.0-rc1).

Any hints about this ? (I did not find thunderbird in livna, fedora.us,
dag, freshrpms, stable , testing or even unstable.)

Philippe

In case anyone is interested, Thunderbird 0.8 from rawhide compiles and runs on FC1 if you comment out the freetype patch in the SPEC file:

#%patch4 -p0 -b .freetype

-Ben Smith
Dees Consulting
www.deesconsulting.com