Re: ssh & port 22 problem

On Mon 27 September 2004 18:50, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
Greetings!

 When I try to connect from a remote machine to my one at home
using ssh I get the error message "ssh: connect to host 64.146.133.1 port
22: Connection refused" -- but using ssh in the outgoing direction (i.e.
from home to the remote location) works fine.  Any suggestions as to how
to troubleshoot this?

Sorry about my previous post. The problem is that 64.146.133.1 is not your IP address. It is the customer-side IP address of a Cisco router physically located at your ISP, which is why I got the confusing response from telnet.

If your fedora box is connected directly to a DSL modem, you should
be able to find your IP address by running ifconfig from the command
line and looking for 'inet addr:' (probably under 'eth0').
If you have your own router or router/modem combo, access it to see
the current WAN address.  Of course, if you have a router you need
to set it to forward port 22 to your fedora box.

--Stewart