Re: Scripting names from a file

Chadley Wilson wrote:
Greetings,
Could someone please assist me in writing a simple script, I am just not sure how.
Lets say for example I have a text file with one name on each line and I need to create files based on the names in that file, If I can use a for loop it would be greate, but I don't know how to get each name from the file,

Thanks Guys

Do you know perl?

How are the lines in the file turned into names of files? (i.e. does each line have the name of a file?)

Will the files be empty?

Jaime J. Davila
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Hampshire College