Re: dual monitors in fedora?

On Monday 27 September 2004 08:11, Trevor Smith wrote:
> I have FC2 + KDE 3.2on a laptop (compaq presario 2197ca). The other night I
> plugged my friend's 19" monitor into the monitor port on the back of the
> laptop. Initially I got a signal that displayed the same image I was seeing
> on the laptop screen.
>
> After playing with KDE settings to try to get "dual head" action going on,
> the monitor was turned off somehow. No matter what, it will not turn back
> on (no signal at all gets to it in Fedora). Booting to WinXP causes it to
> come on and it can be set to either normal mode (show the same image as on
> the laptop screen) or to dual head mode (one desktop stretched across the 2
> monitors). But when I boot back to linux, again, the monitor refuses to
> receive a signal.
>
> Does anyone know where/how I can turn the monitor back on, even in normal,
> single image mode, in linux? I don't care if it's a KDE or just a straight
> linux solution.
>
> --
> Trevor Smith // trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would you please supply more information regarding your laptop (type, model,
version, etc.).

Most laptops aren't capable of true "dual head" display.  They are "dual
display" , just a (S)VGA connector to use a larger external monitor.
--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004