BadBlocks

Hello

I read some where that if the partition has been created through mkefs and mkxfs , it is not need
to run any badblocks on har drive , and the new hard drive bad block is done through it self .
only if we create the file system through mkfs we have to check the hard drive , so now I want to make sure I am doing right because last night in a working server I got bad crc io error , I restarted the seerver and after running fscek , it is working fine , but how do I know if it was becaouse of bad block or simple IO error , and do I need to run badblocks command ?
and how do I know how did I create my file system , be cause it was created through linux
installation.

Thanks