Re: - New virus?

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 16:32, Rick Stevens wrote:

Timothy Payne wrote:

Take a pill Tom, they have a 90% + market share.  I need use windoze too
( between reboots )  How may people have dual boot machines on this
list?

My laptop can dual-boot. None of my other machines have M$ on them. Well, a couple of them did at one time, but no longer! Really, I've found very, very few things that I can't do under Linux or vmware (or even win4lin).

    Very cool.  What model laptops are they?  I'm told the T40 from IBM
is completely compatible.  I look to buy one of them, one day.

I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook C2220. It's 18 months old or so. 2.4GHz P4, 512MB RAM, 60GB HD, 1400x1050 display, 10/100Base-T and 802.11b wireless (Broadcom chipset used under ndiswrapper), DVD/CD-RW, floppy AND a real, honest-to-gosh serial port (hallelujah!). It has a farking winmodem in it that's not supported well. That's not really a stopper, as I rarely use modems and have several _real_ modems laying about which plug into the serial port very nicely when I do need one.

The dual boot has WinXP Pro and FC1 via grub.  I'll be upgrading to FC2
this weekend if I have time after I get the radiator changed out on my
1970 E-Type (grumble, grumble!).

"The British don't build computers because they haven't figured out how
to make them leak oil yet."
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-            We look for things.  Things that make us go!            -