Re: sendmail logs

Carlo Orecchia wrote:
Can someone explain me what this means? It comes from my logs of sendmail
i obviously allow relay on access file for localhost
and i don't require any authentucation.

ruleset=trust_auth, arg1=root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, relay=localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1],
reject=550 5.7.1 <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>... not authenticated: 1 Time(s)

This isn't a "real" error, it just says that the AUTH= parameter in the SMTP MAIL command isn't trusted because the client didn't authenticate, so it's not going to pass the AUTH= parameter on to the next hop. That's an expected log message in this case, and you wouldn't get it with logging at the default level (yours is at 10). It's not preventing delivery of any mail.

Paul.