Re: [OT] - New virus?

--On Tuesday, September 21, 2004 4:46 PM -0400 Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought I'd pop off an email and see if anyone else has heard
anything?  I've googled for this process and hit every virus maker I can
think of, but no luck.

Have you tried bugtraq, SANS, or other alert sites/lists?

To those objecting to the message, realize that the fundamental question here is where to get better info on brand new attacks hitting your network.

I always caution my Windows users that they should never connect their Windows boxes directly to the public Internet. They should always use an "Internet condom". For many of us, Fedora is our Internet condom. Hence the question is relevant here.