Re: Concept: Shop floor terminal to read CAD drawings

--On Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:41 AM -0500 Michael Jezierski - Systec Conveyors <mjezierski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our engineers here use AutoCAD to produce drawings. We are contemplating
using a system on the shop floor to allow the workers there to look up
drawings with a CAD file viewer.
I know about WINE but wondered if anyone has come up with a CAD viewer
native to Linux?

If you can serve the files from Windows or Solaris, Autovue has a client/server version that just needs a Java-capable web browser on the client:

<http://www.cimmetry.com/thin-client_solutions.html>

If you find out more, let us know. I'd be interested in this myself.