Re: / space usage

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 14:59, Mark Haney wrote:

> the background),so I killed that.  No help.  I then ran df and found
> that my / partition was at 100% usage.

Probably your log files have filled the system up.  Check that first.
If you don't find the space there you can use du to get a breakdown of
which directories have the most space used.

One time I saw a system like this and found that the backup script they
were using had a typo.  They were creating a backup to a file under the
/dev directory instead of sending it to the tape drive.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

QOTD:
	"I drive my car quietly, for it goes without saying."