Re: Fedora Installation

Graham Cossey wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to Fedora core 2 I just downloaded the iso images and burned them
to cd but the first cd is not autorun please what next do I do

Two things I guess -

Is the PC set to boot up off the CD in it's BIOS - might sound daft but
worth a quick double check.

Did you burn the Installation CD's and not the Source CD's - another easily
overlooked one.

I had what I believe is the same thing when I recently installed FC2.
On disc 1 there is a boot disk image (another ISO) that I had to burn to CD
which then did autorun from boot.

Graham.

Fair enough if that worked for you Graham, but the ISO of Disk 1 is in fact bootable by itself, you shouldn't need to do what you did unless something was wrong with your burn.

Can I just throw in another 2c here, try burning at a slower speed. On quite a few burners, and media which isn't quite up to scratch, this actually DOES make a difference.

Regards

Ed.