ps/2 mouse trouble

i installed FC2 and had during install and afterwards not gotten my ps/2 mouse detected. I hva tried three different mices.
I have a logitech cordless wheelmouse, and i tried to replace "Option ..... /dev/input/mice with /dev/psaux in xorg.conf but then x server died.
I have updated fc2 with yum update and are now running the .1152 kernel with no luck regarding my mouse :)
I have borrowed an usb mouse, and that mouse works just fine...

Do i have to give up my logitech and mouse ps/2 port and buy an usb mouse?

kh