Re: lm_sensors reports different cpu temp than bios

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Alan Horn wrote:

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:46:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Alan Horn <ahorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lm_sensors reports different cpu temp than bios

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:37:27 -0500
From: Christopher J. Bottaro <cjbottaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

hello,
i'm a bit confused as to why lm_sensors reports a much different cpu
temperature reading than my bios (i.e. when i startup my computer, enter
the bios setup screen and go to pc health status).  lm_sensors reports
roughly 20 degrees (C) cooler.  i'm using lm_sensors-2.8.6-1.

thanks for the help.

At a guess...

When you start up your computer, your CPU isn't really doing an awful lot.

The temperature can change rapidly once its starts drawing power, especially after you boot the OS, it will have done quite a lot in the last few minutes there..

I could be wrong of course..

Duh.. hang on.. I didn't read that.. lm_sensors is cooler than bios..

humm.. no idea.. sorry :)