Re: Linux text editors

--On Friday, September 17, 2004 3:32 PM -0400 "ne..." <akabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can confirm it does work over ssh when you are disconnected.
You just have to give it a bit of time and then reconnect with
'screen -r'. I also use it when I want to start compiling a big
job and I am in between PCs...

Sounds like the perfect thing to do when performing a remote yum/apt/up2date update, to keep from hosing your RPM database when your stupid ISP drops your connection, or a backhoe driver in the middle of the country chops through the fiber you were routing through.