Re: use yum to install SRPM files?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

You know what an SRPM is? You don't need to have the binary RPM
installed to be able to "install" any SRPM. I put install in quotes
here, because "installing" an SRPM mean to deflate it into the rpm-build
directories (SPEC and SOURCES) to be able to rpmbuild the binary
packages.

For me it is not really clear you want intend.

Perhaps he is hoping to cobble up something similar to the *BSD "ports" system, or Gentoo's "portage."

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)