Re: use yum to install SRPM files?

Gerald Thompson wrote:
I have an unusual question.

I was thinking of using yum to install the source packages instead of downloading the iso files, but I am not sure what to put into the yum command to get it to download the newest versions of the SRPMS.

I know how to set the repositories in yum.conf, and I even have a pretty fast mirror in my home city that I use.

But what would you type in to install the SRPM files without already having them on the system to update, would you have to do one package group at a time?

I know I should probably just stop being lazy and just download the ISO files and just mount them and install that way, I was just wondering if there was a way to let yum download the updated versions and install them to the system right directly.

Why not just mirror the SRPMS directory?

What are you intending to do with the SRPMS?

Paul.