Re: Installing Linux (Rainer)

Eric Cartman wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. I have not installed RAM at a time but I have run memtest86 through current configuration. My cpu is very small and it is a big hastle opening it and taking or putting RAM back and forth. I would work on your suggestiond during weekend. memtest86 ran for about 5 hours. I finally turned off the pc. But till that time, it hase passed 7 tests and has not showed any error yet. I was under the impression earlier that my cd was not burnt correctly, but i just used that cd today to check out on my friend;s laptop and it has gone passed that stage where i was getting error so there should be something in my computer. Do you think it may have problem with CD drive??? How can i boot up using floppy? I have also downloaded rescue image, do u think i can try it out? If I can, how? I would appreciate any help I can get regarding this issue. Thanks.

Try some of the kernel options. I would think 'cdnodma' may fix this one.

Regards,
Ed.