Re: Configure Mozilla 1.6 for Web Browsing

This could help you (and us): start a terminal and, as root, issue this command:

# tail -f /var/log/messages

Then start, or restart PPP in the way you are used to, and in the meanwhile take a look to the output of the above command. You should see some lines with the string "ppp" somewhere. If you see, among these lines, something like "...IP address: X.Y.Z.W...", you should be actually connected to your ISP. Look also for a line like the previous one, but which explicitly refers to "DNS", or "Domain name service" or something like this.

Clearly, you could also examine /var/log/messages offline, instead of in real-time, if you prefer. Looking at it during a PPP session is more impressive, imho.

Good luck!

DAYE EMINE wrote:
Please can somebody Help-me:
I have been able to download and Install Fedora Core2
Used KPPP to Configured my Intel-536ep-PCI-Modem. My ISP provider is MSN.

My Modem can dialup and connect to MSN fine, because a pop-up
window is now reporting the Baud-Rate, the time is also being updated.
That's all I get,
but if I click Mozilla for Web-browsing, Mozilla comes up and just sit there doing nothing for a long time.
Finally it will say the web address cannot be found or not correct
but this is not true because i use:

  http://www.google.com
  http://www.mozilla.org
  http://www.msn.com

none of them works.
Being a Linux novice, I wonder if there is any kind of configuration
file that needs to be fine-tuned.

Daye

-- Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D. ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico Viale Castro Pretorio 105, Rome - ITALY Tel. +39064989509, Fax +39064059302