Re: which repos to use?

Paul Howarth wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:

For managing my packages I have tried this package manager. I find it great.

Cobind Software Manager (YUMGUI)
http://www.cobind.com/yumgui.html

There are a few problems but it makes it quite easy to find out what packages are on your machine and what packages are available. It will list updates, installed packages and available packages. You can check which to add, remove or update.

Thomas Chung at fedoranews.org has forked this package and called it gyum (see http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/), where FC1 & FC2 RPMs can be found. He's also forked rhn-applet to create yum-applet (see http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-applet/), so you can see in your Gnome/KDE panel that you're up to date with all updates; this applet allows you to call up gyum if you right-click on its icon in the notification area.

Paul.

Thanks for the info.

It is still a nice package. :)

--