Re: Minolta Magicolor 2350EN printer

Mike writes:
> Has anyone gotten the Minolta Magicolor 2350EN network color laser
> printer to work with FC1?

At an off-site client, about a year ago, I was able to get Redhat 9
and CUPS working with a Minolta QMS Magicolor 2200 .  I remember some
issues involving the correct printer driver.  I used the ZjStream printer
driver, which claims to drive the 2300 printers.  Another issue was
getting the IP address right ("what's an IP address?" said the Windoze
maintainer).

Other associated buzzwords for your googling pleasure may be foo2zjs,
JBIG, and Zenographics.   The printer is still configured, though not
used;  I can look up more things in the appropriate config files, if
you tell me which files you want examined.  And if you fly me down
to my clients in San Jose, I can re-test it there ;-).

Sorry that I don't remember more, but perhaps that helps.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          keithl@xxxxxxxxxx         Voice (503)-520-1993