Re: updates

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, stu wrote:

> Hello fedore users
>
> My local mirror for FC2 contains an updates directory, which has the headers
> and all the updated rpm's.
> I was wondering if it is possible to download this to cd / disk, and run the
> up2date locally as opposed to having to download live off the internet,
> which takes ever!

Assuming the repository/rpms is copied over to /yum-repo location, it
can be specified to yum (in /etc/yum.conf) as:

baseurl=file:///yum-repo

I'm guessing up2date might use a similar spec (in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources) as:

yum local-updates file:///yum-repo

If header info gets out-of sync when you copy things over - you can
always regenerate them with 'cd /yum-repo; yum-arch .'

Satish